True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard

+2
minnie
Dragonhawk
6 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Empty Re: Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard

Post  Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:43 pm

Alexander Skarsgård

Alexander Johan Hjalmar Skarsgård was born August 25, 1976 in Götgatsbacken of South Stockholm Sweden.
Nickname Alex
Height 6' 4" (1.93 m)

Mini Biography

Sweden may not have a large population but it has gifted the world with bounty of astonishing directors and actors. Greta Garbo, Ingmar Bergman, Max von Sydow and Ingrid Bergman are just the tip of the iceberg of Nordic actors and filmmakers who have enchanted and engaged cinemaphiles across the globe: Alexander Johan Hjalmar Skarsgård is poised to join their ranks. As the eldest son of famed actor Stellan Skarsgård, the handsome actor/director comes by his talent honestly; however, Alexander did not grow up in the glitzy world of international cinema.

The son of well-known actor Stellan Skarsgård, Alexander began acting at the early age of 8 when he starred in “Ake och hans värld” (“Ake and His World”) where he played Kalle Nubb. For most of Alexander's formative years, his father was an acclaimed actor both on stage, TV and in movies but had not yet achieved the international fame that came after his star turn in Breaking the Waves (1996). Young Alexander was raised under modest circumstances in a working-class Swedish neighborhood as his parents wanted their children to have as normal an upbringing as possible. He began his acting career at the age of eight and continued working in films and on Swedish television until he turned sixteen and decided acting was not the career for him in 1989. He did not care for the media attention and people looking at him on the street. Life under a microscope lost its charm and perhaps due to the influence of My Skarsgård, his physician mother. He stopped working as an actor to continue his education. At that point, he put his acting career on pause. He wished to be an architect. During almost eight years he turned down every offer he got.

Alexander was a bit of a rebel as a teen and later he attended college for political science ,then, at the age of nineteen, he entered compulsory military service (Military conscription). Alex did his conscript military service at the Berga Naval Academies as a sergeant (Patrol Leader) with the SakJakt-unit of the Swedish Navy at the age of 20. He intended to study at an school of architecture in Stockholm. The months in the service left a lot of time to reflect on his life and he decided then that he would go back to acting. For this in 1997 he moved to Leeds, England, then on to New York where he attended Marymount theatrical school to study theatre. After six months in New York, a romantic entanglement lured him back to Sweden but the relationship was short-lived. Despite having a broken heart, Alexander decided to stay in Sweden and, with a bit of life experience under his belt, began his acting career again. When he came back to Sweden after studying acting for two years in New York, it didn't take him long to land his first part as a grownup (in Christina Olofsson's Happy End (1999/I)).

He appeared in a number of Swedish productions and he landed the role of Johan in the award-winning “Vingar av glas “(“Wings of Glass”) in 2000.

He became a star in his native country but was interested in broadening his horizons and working outside of Sweden. A visit to Los Angeles In 2001 landed him both an agent and a part in the Ben Stiller movie, Zoolander (2001). After Zoolander (2001), Alexander returned to Sweden where he continued honing his acting in film and theatrical productions including "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" and "Bloody Wedding". He also co-wrote and co-directed an award-winning short, Att döda ett barn (2003), (To Kill a Child), which was shown at both the Tribeca and Cannes Film Festivals; unfortunately, stardom in Sweden doesn't bring international recognition and Skarsgård found himself flying back and forth to Los Angeles, auditioning for roles that he had no real interest in.

Finally, parts in two different HBO series came his way. His first big break was with the miniseries "Generation Kill" (2008). Alexander spent seven months broiling in the desert of Namibia but it was well worth it. His portrayal of Marine Sgt. Brad "Iceman" Colbert astonished critics and audiences, alike. Afterward he was able to (thanks to the writer’s strike) In (2008) take on the role of Eric Northman, a 1,000-year-old Viking vampire from Sweden, on HBO’s “True Blood”. The series was created by Alan Ball, the man behind "Six Feet Under" (2001). "True Blood" (2008) was adapted from the "Sookie Stackhouse" novels by Charlaine Harris and rode to success on quality scripts, great acting and the public's obsession with the vampire genre. In addition to "True Blood" (2008), which begins its fourth season in 2011, Alexander has a number of film projects in the works including the remake of Straw Dogs (2011), in which he co-stars with James Marsden, Kate Bosworth and James Woods. There is no doubt with Alexander's rising popularity and amazing talent, we will be seeing great things from him in the future.

Upcoming releases in 2009 and beyond include “Straw Dogs”, “13”, “Metropia” and “Beyond the Pole”.

Alexander and his good friend, Bjorne Larson, have directed the prize-winning short “Att döda ett barn” (“To Kill A Child”), a film in which his father, actor Stellan Skarsgård narrates and his little brother Valter Skarsgård acts.

Trade Marks:

Cleft chin
"Skarsbrow", ie he habitually lifts his left eyebrow quizzically
Magnetic blue green eyes
Frequently plays very calm restrained individuals, often with positions of authority(Ex. Meekus from Zoolander)
Distinctive mellow voice
Towering height
Lean yet impressively athletic physique
Blonde hair

Trivia

Voted the sexiest man in Sweden in 1999

He has been voted “Sexiest Man Alive” in Sweden five times.

His mother is a doctor.

Resides in Los Angeles (although Sweden will always be his home). He also lives in an apartment in Stockholm, Sweden near his parents.

Supports the Stockholm based football club Hammarby IF

Son of actor Stellan Skarsgård and My Skarsgård.

The eldest of six children, he has five brothers and one sister (Gustaf (1980), Sam (1982), Bill (1990), Eija (1992), Valter (1995) and Ossian (2009)

His favorite actress is Isabelle Huppert in the movie The Piano Teacher (2001)

His favorite movie is Duck Soup (1933)

Favorite actor is Gary Oldman

Alex thinks he’s “not very good looking in real life”

He is tone deaf which dashed his dreams of becoming a rock star!

Alex spent 7 months in Maputo-Mozambique Africa while shooting “Generation Kill”

Favorite colors are blue and pink

He does not like sweets other than vanilla ice cream
His favorite things to do are “going to boat, fish and lie in front of the fireplace & drink red wine.”

Speaks Swedish, English and bits of French and German

He wears a necklace with two anchors. Anchors are a sign of hope!

Has worked in a coffee shop and as a model

A fan of Robert Duvall

Has one tattoo on his left leg…..

“My youngest brother Valter drew a green bird on my leg when he was seven years old. I took a picture of it and got it tattooed. Then when I wanted to show it, it was maybe two years later, I had worked up such… I mean it’s a big thing, to tattoo a beautiful picture that your brother drew as a child, so I thought he’d be delighted as hell. But he was like: ‘What’s that? Why did you do it? What, did I draw that? Wanna eat pancakes now?’ Haha! Then again he was only nine.”

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Alexander-45

Personal Quotes

Yeah. First of all, sex and violence are always something that attracts an audience, and vampire stories usually have a lot of both. And, vampires symbolize consistency and something that's permanent, in a world where everything is constantly changing -- humans, animals, nature and even mountains will change over time. To have something that will just stand the test of time is attractive. Eric has been around for a thousand years, and he hasn't changed one bit. That intrigues people. What makes good drama is that people are intrigued by that and drawn towards it, but at the same time, that comfort they feel in something that is consistent, is also lethal and can kill them in a second. That creates a good platform for drama. -- on why people are attracted to vampires and the whole sub-genre in general

I enjoy everything. Every single part of it is great -- just going to work, every day, and working on this show. It's HBO and it's Alan Ball. Just look at the cast, and the writing is phenomenal. I couldn't ask for a better job. I'm so happy to have the job. And, it was challenging, definitely in the beginning, when I was trying to find the character. I was reading the books and trying to figure out who this guy was, and also trying to find that balance of making him likable, but menacing. I wanted people to be intimidated by him, but intrigued, at the same time -- on what is the most enjoyable and the most challenging aspects of working on "True Blood" (2008).
I don't want people to know too much about me. It's easier for people to suspend belief that way. There's a risk when people see you in a part and they're watching Alexander Skarsgard. Also, I learned from my father to keep your integrity and protect your family...there are certain things that you can talk about and certain things you shouldn't talk about.

I wasn't like a Hollywood child actor - "I'm five! I can sing, I can dance, I can act! I wanna be a star!" - the movie I did [at 13] was because the director was a friend of my dad's. I told my parents, I don't want to do this any more. My dad said, "You have to love it, if you don't feel that way, do the other thing, whatever it is." I'm very grateful that he did that. I would have listened to him if he'd said, "Keep going". I would have tried, and I would have done it for a few more years probably, but I'm absolutely sure I wouldn't be acting today. I would have crashed and burned after a while.

I was fascinated by the male lion, the way he moved, the confidence. When he just sat down and looked straight at the cameraman, he did absolutely nothing, but for a second you didn't know whether he was going to yawn and fall asleep or pounce. I thought it would be interesting to try to find that. You don't show your teeth, you don't say anything, you don't show it. It's the not knowing that's interesting. Anything could happen. -on studying film of wild lions that helped inspire his performance as Eric Northman

I'm always looking for something that's real and that's got meat on it. I think it's artistic suicide if you're too vain, or if you're afraid to play ugly. I would never fall for that.

When I step into a project, I need to feel that there's a challenge, something new, something fresh about it. That being said, I'm kind of attracted to characters with a darkness or a sadness that they carry with them.

QUESTIONAIRE FILLED OUT AT 23 YEARS OLD (1999)

1. Alexander Skarsgård
2. age: 23
3. weight: 85 kg
4. height: 194 cm
5. hair color: blonde
6. family: really big
7. favorite color: pink
8. favorite book: Angelas Ashes
9. favorite movie: Duck Soup (Marx brothers)
10. favorite band/artist: Thåström
11. idol: Eddie Izzard
12. I’m in love with: Spiderman
13. my friends: those who catch me when I fall
14. pet: Leonberger male Nelson (dog)
15. hobbies: kicking ball and eating ice cream
16. sport: football (soccer) and bowling
17. best subject: sodium (like a chemical substance…he’s joking)
18. favorite clothing: pink and blue overalls
19. favorite food: King Bengts Moose Stew
20. favorite destination: Mauritsius (and Öland of course!)
21. I want to be: better

FAMILY

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Poppa1-217x300

Stellan
John Stellan Skarsgård
Alexander’s father
Nick Name is Skarzie
Born June 13th, 1951
in Gothenberg, Sweden
He is 6’4″ tall
Teen star in 1968 when he started his acting career on Swedish TV show
“Bombi Bitt och jag”
(AKA “Bombi Bitt and me”)

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 MommaMY-193x300

My
My Sonja Marie Agnes Guenther
Alexander’s Mother
Born July 3rd, 1956
in Kalmar, Sweden
Actress in Swedish film
“Jim och piraterna Blom” (1987)
(AKA “Jim and the Pirates”)
My is a physician

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Gus2-200x300

Gustaf
Gustaf Caspar Orm Skarsgård
Born November 12, 1980
in Stockholm, Sweden
(South Stockholm often referred to as Södermalm)
Alexander’s Brother
He’s 6’4” tall.
Like his father and older brother, Gustaf is a very popular actor in Sweden on both stage and films
Loves nature and being outdoors. He says it inspires him.

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 SAM-199x300

Sam
Samuel Kristoffer Ymer Skarsgård
Born June 5th, 1982
in Stockholm, Sweden
Alexander’s Brother
He’s 6’7″ tall (2.00m)
Actor in Swedish film
“Jim och piraterna Blom” (1987)
(AKA “Jim and the Pirates”)
Body double for brother Gustaf in his movie
“Den osynlige” (2002)
(AKA “The Invisible”)
Sam is a physician)

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 BILL5-230x300

Bill
Bill Istvan Günther Skarsgård
Born August 9th, 1990
in Stockholm, Sweden
Alexander’s Brother
He’s 6’3″ tall (1.90m)
Bill is an actor like his father and older brothers, Alexander and Gustaf.

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Eija3-210x300

Eija
Born February 27th, 1992
in Stockholm, Sweden
Alexander’s Sister
She’s 5’10″ tall (1.79m)
Eija is a model

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Valter3-238x300

Valter
Born 1995
in Stockholm, Sweden
Alexander’s Brother
He is an actor like his father and older brothers, Alexander, Gustaf and Bill
He was the star of the short “Att döda ett barn” (2003) (AKA “To Kill A Child“)
which older brother Alexander co-wrote/co-directed with Bjorne Larson

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Ossian

Ossian
Born April 26th, 2009
Alexander’s Brother
Born to father Stellan and his wife Megan Everett

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002907/bio
http://askarsgard.com/?page_id=64

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Empty Re: Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard

Post  Aslinn Dhan Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:05 pm

Just a wee note on the name Ossian

Ossian was the name of Finn McCool's son

His mother was Sive and she was a shape shifter in the form of a red deer

A water nymph fell in love with Ossian and took him to Tir Nan Og and he lived there for 300 years..And he wanted to go back to world for a visit, so she had a horse enchanted and she told Ossian to stay on the horse, because if he got off it, he would age to his real age...well, in everyone's excitement, they pulled him off his horse and he became an old man and he died...
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Thank you Aolani for the bio on our Alex
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Yum yum and GOOD morning!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_lufjs7wqpM1r218xdo1_500

From Melancholia
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

http://themooseandsqurriel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_lufjmcEPG51r218xdo1_400

From Beyond The Pole
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:39 pm

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_lufjomO4lD1r218xdo1_500

Track Suit Eric (TB season 2)
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:40 pm

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_lukwa2P7qS1r218xdo1_500

Comic Con 2011 @ Wired Cafe
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_ltyh39Vic31r218xdo1_400

Hamptons International Film Festival
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:43 pm

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_ltygptDLbh1r218xdo1_500

TB Season 4
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Yummy yummy
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_lufjjt5sUf1r218xdo1_500

I like this one because it shows his necklace. I believe the anchors symbolize hope and faith.
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_luiet4UwdX1qg73a9o1_400

Not sure of the year or place but,I'm guessing Sweden.
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_lufucrSYGH1qg73a9o1_400

Love his smile in this one. Smile
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:20 pm

I like the line of that little tendon on his neck..very yummable...
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:17 am

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_lvwpur14R51qa2ovmo1_500

From Battleship,which opens May 2012.
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:19 am

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_lvwwj2hUDS1qca72po2_500png

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_lvwwj2hUDS1qca72po1_500

From the GQ Germany photo shoot,I think.
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:38 am

Only he could make that sort of knit so yummy to look at.

eric eric eric
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Found some more lovely photos to share.

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_lw2al0sHcZ1qjgs4ao1_500

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_lt6kpm7baK1qg6t4yo1_500
This one has become my favorite. Very Happy
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Very yummy Minnie Mouse...He sure is a pretty boy...
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Viking hoard provides new clues to 'previously unknown ruler'
One of the most important hoards of Viking silver ever found in Britain contains valuable coins bearing the identity of a previously unknown ruler, it emerged yesterday.

The “hugely significant” hoard of 1,000-year-old artefacts includes more than 200 coins, ingots and pieces of silver jewellery that was found buried underground in north Lancashire.

Experts at the British Museum are currently examining the hoard after it was discovered in a lead pot by a metal detector enthusiast. A coroner will decide later this week whether it qualifies as treasure.

The hoard was placed in a lead box and buried underground at a time when the Anglo-Saxons were attempting to wrest control of the north of the country from the Vikings.

Yesterday, the central London museum unveiled the hoard, the fourth largest ever found, which included Anglo-Saxon, Anglo-Viking, German and Islamic coins.

In total there were 201 silver objects, including the 27 coins which date the burial around 900AD, around the time the Vikings had been expelled from Dublin and were fighting the Anglo-Saxons to keep control of the north of England.

It also includes also coins from the time of Alfred the Great, who reigned from 871 to 899, and from the Viking kingdom of Northumbria.

One silver denier, bears the name Charles. Others bear the name Airdeconut, a Viking ruler in northern England.

Officials said the inscription Airdeconut, appeared to be an attempt to represent the Scandinavian name Harthacnut.

They said this was because many Vikings had converted to Christianity within a generation of settling in Britain.

On the other side were the words DNS (Dominus) REX, which was arranged in the form of a cross.

“The design of the coin relates to known coins of the kings Siefredus and Cnut, who ruled the Viking kingdom of Northumbria around AD900, but Harthacnut is otherwise unrecorded,” a museum spokesman said.

“It is a very significant find. It is a very large haul and it is the fourth large Viking find in the UK. Because it is recently discovered there is lots of research to be done.”

Experts believe the hoard, which also includes 10 arm rings, two finger rings, 14 ingots, six brooch fragments and a fine wire braid which may have been worn as a necklace, could have been buried by a Viking warrior before he went into battle.

The collection of 10 bracelets and other jewellery are thought to have been worn to signify rank of the influential owner.

Dr Gareth Williams, the curator of early medieval coins at the museum, said: "Some of the coins reinforce the things we already know but with some of them it fills in the gaps where we didn't even know we had gaps.

"It is always great when you get a new piece of evidence. This is the first new medieval King for at least 50 years and the first Viking King discovered since 1840. It is a very exciting find."

It was found in September by Darren Webster, 39 using a metal detector on land around Silverdale, in north Lancashire.

If the coroner rules it is treasure, an independent committee will value it and any money raised will be divided equally between company director and the landowner.

The hoard was unveiled at an event in the museum yesterday to mark the launch of the Treasure and Portable Antiquities Scheme (PAS) reports, which showed there were 157,188 finds recorded between 2009 and last year.

Ed Vaizey, the Culture Minister, said: "It is widely recognised that both the Portable Antiquities Scheme and the Treasure Act 1996 have been a great success.

"They are both helping to enrich museum collections, with the most important archaeological discoveries being acquired for the nation.

"It is a tremendous achievement that the Staffordshire and Frome hoards are now on display in public collections where they can be enjoyed by all."

Mr Webster said he would "love" the collection to go to his local museum in Lancaster.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/8955955/Viking-hoard-provides-new-clues-to-previously-unknown-ruler.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:48 pm

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_lwppubCv491qa2ovmo1_500
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:06 pm

I love a man in uniform eric vikingmad
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Found on Tumblr

Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgard - Page 2 Tumblr_lq3mxdGfzK1qgr1ono1_500
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next