True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say Goodnight Gracie

Go down

Say Goodnight Gracie Empty Say Goodnight Gracie

Post  Aslinn Dhan Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Don't Dream It's Over Lyrics

from Recurring Dream: The Very Best Of Crowded House

There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road
While you're traveling with me

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know they won't win

Now I'm towing my car, there's a hole in the roof
My possessions are causing me suspicion but there's no proof
In the paper today, tales of war and of waste
But you turn right over to the TV page

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
We know they won't win

Now I'm walking again to the beat of a drum
And I'm counting the steps to the door of your heart
Only shadows ahead, barely clearing the roof
Get to know the feeling of liberation and release

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
We know they won't win

Well, don't let them win
Hey now, hey now
Don't let them win
Don't let them win, yeah

So the end is before us, the end of True Blood. Really, I am pleasantly surprised they have let us know this season coming is the end. HBO has never been one to let us know the end of a series is looming. Carnivale and Deadwood are prime examples of series I had followed faithfully and have been disappointed when they stop abruptly in the middle of a story line.

The only thing I would ask for is a happily ever after. I know, call me a big girl's blouse and make fun of me and my sentimental ways, but that is the way I feel. I have been with these people and you people for seven years, and I knew the end would have to happen sometime. What I also hope is that we will still be together and sharing other stories and shows and books and news, just as we always have. I don't know how I will change the forum, but I know I will have this stuff and other stuff for our pleasure and interest and I will keep adding to it.

As much as the show has given me pleasure and some pain, I know the friendships I made over that time are precious to me and I never regretted knowing you and writing for you and having this place available to you for your comments and your comradeship. I loved decorating it and making it a place unique to ourselves and I have loved talking to you and getting to know you.

So, though the show ends, as so many good things must, there is no reason for True Blood Anonymous to end, because I think about the words of our forum and I think, we are still True Blood, the true blood of friendship, of loyalty to one another and a family in many ways. Blood is always thicker than water and family is not just the people you are born to, but the people you call out as yours and claim into your heart and soul. You are all True Blood of my True Blood.

And that is the way it should be.

Love to you all

Aslinn

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum