True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anno Dracula

Go down

Anno Dracula Empty Anno Dracula

Post  Aslinn Dhan Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:34 pm

I am currently reading this book. If you would be interested in reading it too, let me know... Wink I will have a review ASAP
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Anno Dracula Empty Re: Anno Dracula

Post  Aslinn Dhan Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:18 pm

If you were a real person or a popular fiction character of the Victorian Era your name was dropped in Anno Dracula. At first, this was an exciting and novel idea, but after a while, Anno Dracula began to read like a who's who of Victorian Society. With only a few exceptions, many characters were simply mentioned and you never saw them again. It gave you the feeling of having an anonymous "knee trembler" that ended in premature ejaculation and you ended up being sticky and very unsatisfied.

This does not mean there weren't some interesting moments. These moments were often still born, but still they were promising.

The premise is Dracula was not chased from England as Bram Stoker writes in his novel. Dracula actually gets the upper hand on Van Helsing and ends up making Lord Godalming, Lucy's fiance, a Vampire, along with Mina and Queen Victoria. Dracula becomes the Lord High Protector and Prince Consort of England and he begins a campaign of reproduction all over England. The makers obviously have no scruples like our Eric, as they are often women who are abandoned to a life of squalor. They become prostitutes who are then predated by a knife wielding villain the press has begun to call...wait for it...Jack the Ripper. Mix in the ripper and Detective Aberline and you have a mess of a book.

There are three other books in the series...I don't know if they are worth your time..but maybe you will like them and take them under your bat wing and give us a further review

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down