True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Art By Kristen Bauer Van Straten's brother in law Peter

Go down

Interesting Art By Kristen Bauer Van Straten's brother in law Peter Empty Interesting Art By Kristen Bauer Van Straten's brother in law Peter

Post  Aslinn Dhan Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:50 am

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Interesting Art By Kristen Bauer Van Straten's brother in law Peter Empty Re: Interesting Art By Kristen Bauer Van Straten's brother in law Peter

Post  Aslinn Dhan Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:07 am

The paintings are mainly monochromatic, apparently oil with a wash creating muted tones. He paints in abstractionalism and absurdism, very much in the style of Munsch or Magritte or Dali. I find myself questioning his respect or love of women when his pictures depict women in either isolated central themes or in passively violent or being jettisoned from him. The female form, however is perfectly accomplished except in the painting depicting the equation written on the ample behind of a woman bent over in a teacher's classroom.

The painting I most enjoy is Eve Unrepentant. She is like the Lilith of legend...or the physical being of the Ancient Pythoness...HMS Childhood is quite lovely...The Embrace is a sombre piece that is quite melancholy....but has its own beauty. A very full and well constructed composition.
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down