True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Five things we wish for in TB six from the UK

2 posters

Go down

Five things we wish for in TB six from the UK Empty Five things we wish for in TB six from the UK

Post  Aslinn Dhan Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:13 pm

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/true-blood-season-6-wishlist-114200170.html

After a slightly disappointing fifth season of 'True Blood', last night's finale at least ensured that it went out on a high. From Sam's shape-shifting fly exploding Rosalyn from the insides, to Andy's pregnant faery girlfriend going into labour on a pool table at Merlotte's to the shocking moment when Bill appeared to have carked it, only to rise from the dead as a new form of Lilith, the typically insane closer showed glimpses of just how good the series can be. But it still contained its fair share of deadwood and pointless sub-plots that the writers will have to remove if they want to restore the show back to former glories. Here's a look at five things that needs to happen in Season Six.

Get rid of Alcide

The werewolves used to be a fairly intriguing relief from all the tortured vampire antics, particularly in season three when Tara was kidnapped by Franklin. But ever since Alcide killed Marcus, the wolfpack scenes have been a tedious and unnecessary distraction from the main events. Now completely detached from Sookie and co., Joe Manganiello only appears to have been kept in the show to look broody and take his top off, meaning that when it came to his character's fight with J.D. or his relationship with his father, no-one cared.

Know when to leave background characters in the background

Dependable, reliable, an integral part of the kitchen staff at Merlotte's, Terry Bellefleur is perfectly watchable in small doses. But his random storyline involving an old marine buddy and a bewildering smoke monster proved that he's not interesting enough to take centre stage. Likewise his brother Andy, who's fantastic as the occasional light comic relief, less so when he's fathering faerie babies. Bon Temps would be a poorer place without them but they're definitely a case of less is more.

Bring Jason and Jessica back together

Considering that their affair resulted in the departure of one of the most likeable characters, it would be a shame if Jason and Jessica's obvious sexual chemistry was wasted. Things don't look too promising after the former declared he could never love a vampire in last night's finale, nor does the fact they both tried to kill each other just a few episodes ago, but let's hope that after Jason's vampire vendetta is over, they both see sense.

Focus more on Pam

Wisely given much more prominence this series after becoming Tara's maker, Pam's inspired one-liners and all-round super-bitchiness have been a welcome relief from the dreary goings on in the Vampire Authority, while the scene where she was released by Eric proved to be one of the most genuinely emotive moments this series. Having now shown that she does possess a heart as well as a wicked tongue, it would be a shame if she were to fade into the background once again.

Keep Bill a villain

With Bill exploding into a pile of goo and appearing to morph into Lilith, it's not exactly clear whether his character is truly dead or not. It would be preferable if the most boring vampire in history was to pop his clogs for good, but if he has to stay around, then at least his menacing side is infinitely more interesting than his excruciatingly dull love triangle with Sookie and Eric.

Not sure as I want Bill to be a villain 24/7 on the show...But I will ride this story with him for a while....Otherwise, I like the suggestions...What say you in TB land?
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Five things we wish for in TB six from the UK Empty Re: Five things we wish for in TB six from the UK

Post  minnie Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:33 pm

I don't want Bill to a villain either,although I think he makes a good villain,I believe there's still some good inside him.

We definitely need more Pam!

Background charcacters should stay in the background,or their storylines should have less focus.

I don't agree about getting rid of Alcide. I thought he had an interesting storyline plus he's nice to look at. Smile

I agree that Jason and Jessica have good chemistry together,but with Jason's vendetta against vampires I don't know if there's a future for them.
minnie
minnie
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

http://themooseandsqurriel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down