True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'True Blood' or bad 'Blood'? The campy vamp show isn't what it used to be

Go down

'True Blood' or bad 'Blood'? The campy vamp show isn't what it used to be Empty Re: 'True Blood' or bad 'Blood'? The campy vamp show isn't what it used to be

Post  Aslinn Dhan Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:01 pm

Yeah, but it was an article that shared space with a story about a man whose testicles weighed 132 pounds...that shows its importance...

But, in defense of True Blood:

So much has happened over the last six seasons, and I have not always liked the entire seasons in years before, starting with the second season, and yet critics disagree. I hated second season with a passion, except for the Vampire story lines. The maenad story was too much, though there are others who thought it was the best season.

Seasons three, four and five had problems and they were mostly the side stories. I have no problem with the way the stories came out for the Vampires and season four was actually a stronger season, though I would have gone for more romantic scenes between Eric and Sookie (and I am a Bill Girl). The fifth season was really good. I know, they made Bill a monster there at the end, but, hey, its boring when all the characters are the same all the time. It was difficult but interesting to watch as Bill's persona went from being this self loathing character, which I suppose is part of the Vampire coda that you have to have a Louie, to a starry eyed neophyte with that space cadet glow, to a strange amalgam when "god" and devotee collide and meld together. Now he is actually fighting the pull of his "god" who has some of the shine and gloss rubbed off her and has come to himself in a way.

Eric is the same way..In some ways we have seen a real evolution happen with Eric as profound as Bill. Eric went from being this cold Vampire Sheriff to a creature who loves....He loved Sookie, he shows his love for Pam and of course Godric, and he loved Nora, his sister (and I wish the critics would stop playing up the "incest" thing when they talk about his sexual life with Nora, they are not biological sibs..they are Vampire sibs) and he has lost just about all he can stand to lose, except apparently his clothes, which the critics say he does not lose enough. Damn it, I know for a long time this was known as the Naked Vampire Show but give me a small break.

And maybe that the real problem here. As long as the world of Bon Temps was mainly about dropping their drawers and getting it on, the Critics loved it. Now, there are not too many people on True Blood that aren't pretty to look at naked, but the thing is, if I want to see pretty people have sex, there are plenty of places to see that. I want some story with True Blood, that is why I have really enjoyed this last season.

In addition to streamlining the story lines, they have made the story a bit more complex. Maybe that is. The watcher is being forced to think about the story line and the critics don't like it. They want more tits and ass. Sad...very very sad....

I can honestly say that I watch True Blood for the plot....if they get naked, that is just icing on the cake.
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down