True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do Some Men favor Zombies over Vampires?

Go down

Why do Some Men favor Zombies over Vampires? Empty Why do Some Men favor Zombies over Vampires?

Post  Aslinn Dhan Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:58 pm

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/editors_note/8652-Editors-Note-Bloodsucking-Freaks

As I have trawled over the last three Hiatuses and had to look at any mention of True Blood in the most obscure references, I do land on these essays.

Look, I get it, Vampires are not everyone's cup of tea..or blood...and I have been known to say "Zombies are My Homies" there is just something enduring about these entirely appetite driven creatures that eat other people and rot at the same time. Don't ask me why.

Thing is, when I get to these essays, they seem to be written primarily by men. Now, I am not man-bashing...I'm dedicated to the male sex and or gender. By why do men seem to hate or otherwise roll their eyes at Vampires? Here is my theory and after you read it, I would appreciate your remarks..Hey we can educate one another right? Give me an alternate POV. I am open to the experience.

Men are threatened by Vampires. I think they have been threatened by Vampires since the year zero. They hate the idea of a creature who might have 15 minutes more sexual experience than them, much less 1000 years (Yeah, you know who I am talking about...)

Plus Vampires are everything you want them to be. They can be romantic and gentle, they can be brutal and relentless, they can be gay or straight for you or something in between, if that is your twist. They can go for a really long time which is great...of course I think six hours is a little excessive but hey, I'm not a teenager anymore...

And Lady Vamps...Even a really talented human guy has only so much stamina...I don't care who you are...If you are a human man with a six hour hoo hoo...you better get that puppy to the doctor....Talk about your everlasting gobstopper....

The only thing a zombie is likely to do with your wife or girlfriend is eat her and turn her into a zombie herself...

I basically think it is jealousy...So you read the article and my comments and take a little vote:
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down