True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephen on Sound of Music....with his usual potty mouth

Go down

Stephen on Sound of Music....with his usual potty mouth Empty Stephen on Sound of Music....with his usual potty mouth

Post  Aslinn Dhan Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Stephen on Sound of Music....with his usual potty mouth Empty Re: Stephen on Sound of Music....with his usual potty mouth

Post  Aslinn Dhan Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Stephen and Carrie did a wonderful job last night with Sound of Music. They sang beautifully, Stephen has a wonderful sonorous voice and he got to speak in his own accent, which I loved, and they really just were spot on.....
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Stephen on Sound of Music....with his usual potty mouth Empty Re: Stephen on Sound of Music....with his usual potty mouth

Post  Aslinn Dhan Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:33 pm

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:06 pm

cheers cheers cheers 

I know it has gotten alot of bad reviews due to Carrie Underwood's performance, but I thought it was well done. And Stephen has of course been hailed as a success all around.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:52 pm

It is hard to look at something that is a remake of an iconic performance without comparisons, but because I was never really attached to the Julie Andrews/ Christopher Plummer version, I just didn't do that and I found the performance charming and lovely and I was amazed at the way the sets were designed and how they worked "on the round" and seemed endless. As far as the acting portions of the show, I think Carrie Underwood did fine. She may never win a Tony for her acting, but she may for her singing....I think it was really good and I would challenge any of her critics to get up there and do something better. The actors all looked like they were having fun and they were doing a wonderful job.
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:31 pm

That was pretty much my take on it as well. I have not ever been "into"  The Sound of Music regardless of who was in it, so I also had no preconcieved notions of how it should be. I just took it as "was it beleievable or not" and to me it was. I ewnjoyed it and as far as one of my favorite scenes, I think it would have to be near the end, when the family was singing in front of the Nazi banners. Stephen's face as he was singing "Edelweiss", the countries national flower. Such a mix of sadness, concern, and determination. You could read a lifetime of emotion in that one song and scene. Very well done indeed.  

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Yeah and when his fam comes in to help him finish the song, it was like they were saying...hey we will be okay. Well, there will always be nay sayers and I did enjoy it....So there... eric 
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down