True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was True Blood a let down for Season Six?

Go down

Was True Blood a let down for Season Six? Empty Was True Blood a let down for Season Six?

Post  Aslinn Dhan Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:20 pm

http://cartermatt.com/98272/letdowns-of-2013-why-true-blood-dexter-big-brother-15-and-american-idol-disappointed-vote/

This is what I said

I thought True Blood's season six was great. It was tightly written and it was complex and it investigated the intricate feelings of the characters. I liked the fact they took the fairy storyline back from being silly to being the fierce sometimes monstrous characters they are in folklore. I liked the inner conflicts of all the characters: Jason wanted to do the right thing after being influenced by the warped spirits of his parents, Sookie trying to find something that was hers and fighting against things that seemed to be laid out for her without her go ahead, Eric finding out that sometimes the victory of revenge is a Pyrrhic victory and it doesn't really make you feel better. Bill finding out that your sacred cows are really just illusions and religion doesn't always fulfill you or make you comfortable in your own skin. Terry being the pivot point of all the action reflecting the pain and sorrows of each character. I understand not every storyline in True Blood had value. I hated the maenad story in season two, I hated the way the fairies and some elements of the witches were done, but the vampire stories were actually pretty great and that is what I watched True Blood for.
So I disagree with you, I thought season six was back to the notion of pop corn for smart people. It was layered and complex and challenging.

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down