True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Dagger Brotherhood

2 posters

Go down

Black Dagger Brotherhood Empty Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post  Renee Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:31 pm

Ok, I admit it, if there's a vampire in it I'll read it and I've fallen in love with this series of books by J. R. Ward. Anyone who wants to join me in squeeing about the new book coming out next spring about Tohr is welcome and I'm up for squeeing for the previous books as well.

Renee
Renee
Renee
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Black Dagger Brotherhood Empty Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post  Aslinn Dhan Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:44 pm

i would like to say the king was a great book, but i can't. having said that, i will say it not bad. it suffers from a general lack of focus. beth and wrath's story was bogged down in a tangled mess of intercrossing story lines some of which were simply lost in the tale. and though ward is known for her shmaltzy happily ever afters, i think this one is a little too shmaltzy.

this does not deter me from the black dagger brotherhood. it took me a long time to warm up to the brothers and the urban fantasy, somehow in my mind, thought vampires should be in rural settings, not urban with rap music references. since i have turned a new corner on my fang reading, i find i like their well developed world.

what i did like was the way we learned more about wrath's parents and though i thought the little side step beth came up with was a little on the silly side, i have to say, i really love lassiter, the angel with a dirty mouth. and i would have liked for there to be more about john matthew and darius' connection and why he short circuits around beth at chosen moments. and i would have liked to have seen trez do something with the executioner he is now keeping laid and happy. and i suspect we will hear more about assail and his beautiful burglar. i have my doubts about xcor and layla and the b.o.b. i have to wonder if they will still be loyal to xcor.

anyhow, the book is still pretty good, and will be given second and third readings i am sure. maybe it will shake out with further readings.
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down