True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anna Paquin Talks Health, Diet, And Fitness!

Go down

Anna Paquin Talks Health, Diet, And Fitness! Empty Anna Paquin Talks Health, Diet, And Fitness!

Post  Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Anna Paquin is in great shape, and she works for it!

Plus she has to be if she's going to keep up with all those vampires! Ha!

So how does she do it? Well, she recently opened up about it in an interview:

Well, I could probably drink less coffee and drink more water. I try to eat well, but sometimes you can be a little too obsessive. It's good to remember it's actually not the be-all and end-all, and if you're absolutely falling down with exhaustion, really, do you need to go to the gym? I'm very hard on myself. So I'll be inclined to go until I hit a wall and collapse, or someone is like, "Mmm, stop." Contrary to what you believe, you are not actually superhuman. As I get older, I'm learning to balance that stuff better. Not focus on one thing at the expense of everything else. Sometimes it's like, walk away from the elliptical machine. Go sit outside. Do something relaxing. Because you'll be in a better mood.

I've always been a tough cookie. I just didn't do it in short shorts and a blonde ponytail. I mean, if you're going to be spending literally every single day of your working life wearing clothes that barely cover your body, you're gonna be extra-diligent. I've always been pretty diligent. Just that, there's just a little extra motivation of, "Hmmm, teeny white shorts and a bikini top? I think I will go to Pilates this morning."

So what kind of work outs does she do?

My favorite workout by far is boxing. It's so much fun. You do a full proper boxing workout. You start jumping rope, and you do the pads, where your trainer calls out the combinations and you do them. I do The Bar Method. Then there's also this place called Hot 8 Yoga, and they do [Yoga Barre]. It's like The Bar Method, but it's, like, 105 degrees. It's psycho, but kind of awesome. You sort of want to die immediately. I generally have this, well, if I didn't leave sort of hating life a little, I didn't get my money's worth.

Here are her thoughts on diets:

I think, generally, most people can't maintain anything that's particularly strict for very long. I watch people trying and failing to do that a lot. Look, if you have something coming up like a vacation, and you want to look great and you're doing it for a specific [reason], or in my case, if they take your clothes away from you at work every couple of weeks. But I don't know if it's really right for your body to jump up and down weight-wise.

And, just for fun, how she feels about being married:

It's amazing. I highly recommend it. [Laughs.] And it should be legal for everyone.

Yes it should! Ha!

We LOVE hearing celebrities being level-headed about health and fitness! It sounds like she doesn't take it to the extreme, and we love that. Especially given the fact that she's not wearing clothes A LOT on television, you'd think she'd be more stressed!

Doesn't help to be stressed!

Fab, Anna!

http://fitperez.com/2012-02-21-anna-paquin-talks-health?from=PHheadline
Anonymous

Back to top Go down