True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Ball to take a more hands off position on TB

2 posters

Go down

Alan Ball to take a more hands off position on TB Empty Alan Ball to take a more hands off position on TB

Post  Aslinn Dhan Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Alan Ball to take a more hands off position on TB Empty Re: Alan Ball to take a more hands off position on TB

Post  Aslinn Dhan Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Rumors have been confirmed that Alan Ball will no longer be a creative writer for True Blood if and when there is a sixth season. But what does that mean for True Blood?

True enough, there have been shows that have gone on after the creative mind has been and gone that developed the initial idea but how will True Blood be treated after he leaves? I think it depends on who gets his mantel.

Last season the better episodes were written by Alexander Woo, we all seemed to say wow and OMG!!! far more often when he wrote the episodes and couple that with the directorial skills of Daniel Minahan, we enjoyed those episodes by far better than the other episodes. Scott Winant seemed to do well too as a director and he pulled some solid kudos from us as well.

However, we all sort of agree that Raelle Tucker and Nancy Buckner pretty much suck as writers because they were the ones who dreamed up a lot of the maenad stories and much of the hated Barbie Playland Fairy World we universally panned. I frankly hope they write fewer and fewer of those bits of the story because frankly they were silly and I personally favored less of that in the fourth season. The first episode was tolerable only because it was really the last of the BS.

I hope this does not spell the end for True Blood. I understand Alan was ready to go to something else, another project, but I feel a little let down that he is jumping the ship and going to another couple of series to have his hand at the helm when he has not brought True Blood to a conclusion. I know he was only writing a couple of episodes and directed only two in the first season, but somehow, even through the painfulness that was season 2 I felt hope and trusted Alan Ball to a greater degree than any of the other writers and directors. Now he will be less hands on.

I suppose we will have to see what happens next and judge from there. It would be a shame though that the maybe final season will be bad because the Maker has abandoned his Vampires to their own devices and left them without direction.
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Alan Ball to take a more hands off position on TB Empty Re: Alan Ball to take a more hands off position on TB

Post  roygbiv Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:55 pm

If AB moving aside means moving aside for Alexander Woo, I am all for it, I love his episodes! However, it's kind of sad anyway, because I think of them like a big family, which I know is very poetic of me.

Series tend to go downhill as they age anyway, but I think season 4 was one of the most well done seasons, so maybe there is hope. (Season 2 is still my favourite by the way)...Also, non-fans, but viewers of the show seemed to like season 4 the best too, in my observation.

Whoever is running the show, let it go on, PLEASE.
roygbiv
Teacup
Teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down