True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex, You Sank my Battleship

2 posters

Go down

Alex, You Sank my Battleship Empty Alex, You Sank my Battleship

Post  Dragonhawk Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:09 pm

All the news and gossip about Battleship
Dragonhawk
Dragonhawk
Magister
Magister

https://truebloodanonymous.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Alex, You Sank my Battleship Empty Re: Alex, You Sank my Battleship

Post  Aslinn Dhan Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:05 am

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Finally got to see this.

First off, I do like action movies and I love the ones with aliens trying to take over the earth and all that, and I loved that Alex's character lived for at least the first hour and got an honorable mention at the end of flick...so that was cool.

So the story is loosely based on the game Battleship, with a nod to the game in the hidden NOAA grid set up they have to use to track the aliens. The aliens were sort of central casting type aliens and they had little or no purpose for their attack...We never even figured out what they wanted exactly. And wouldn't you know it, they picked the worst place time to invade earth, during the big international RIMPAC in Hawaii.

What was fun was the pace. It never slowed down and it pulled you in with only side excursions into the stories running parallel to the main plot. The special effects were good, but really non-descript sort of alien vessels you have seen in just about any sci-fi film. My main interest in seeing it was to see Alex, which I am pleased to note again, his character lived for an hour.

My fave part was when they lost their battleship, the John Paul Jones and they had to commandeer the newly retired Missouri (Mighty Mo) along with her veteran crew to defeat the aliens once and for all.

And to my surprise, Rianna was better than I thought she would be....

Excellent film for those rainy wet nights and nothing else to watch....
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down