True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Right One In- Swedish Version

Go down

Let the Right One In- Swedish Version Empty Let the Right One In- Swedish Version

Post  Aslinn Dhan Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Finally got to watch this film. One of the first things that struck me was the fact the boy who played Oskar really looked like Alex when he was young. Having said that, let me talk about this film.

The book it comes from is pretty gritty, and if you want to preview the book before you buy it, let me know, but the film is actually very simply and well told. Oskar is a kid that is being bullied by his class mates and he meets Eli, the girl next door. She is a quiet strange girl who is not really hip or with it, and she doesn't attend school. But she likes Oskar and makes him her friend.

At the same time, there are all these murders and they are found drained of blood. It does not take long to figure out who the killer is. It is none other than Eli's guardian, Haakon. When he is caught trying to drain a boy he pours acid over his face and this is when you get to see Eli as she really is, a young girl who has been 12 for a very long time who drinks blood.

The film has a real European atmosphere and it photographed in a way that is unique to European film directors. It is not as gritty as the book and leaves out some rather gruesome content but it is masterfully done. I recommend you watch it in Swedish with English subtitles. The dubbed voice overs is distracting and I like to hear the soft sounds of Swedish anyhow, the language has sort of a silibent shushing sound to it and it is very pleasant to the ears.
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Let the Right One In- Swedish Version Empty Re: Let the Right One In- Swedish Version

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:08 pm

That was the version I watched, the swedish with subtitles. I had read where there was some mess about how it was all badly done with the subtitles, but that was corrected I guess because there was a link which I dont have any longer that had the correct subtitles and it was all correct now. I only bring that up in case you come across that. I would hate for someome to miss an awesome movie because of bad info. Overall, I really liked it and thought it was an excellent movie.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down