True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleepy Hollow

Go down

Sleepy Hollow Empty Sleepy Hollow

Post  Aslinn Dhan Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Sleepy Hollow Empty Re: Sleepy Hollow

Post  Aslinn Dhan Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:58 pm

I am three episodes into Sleepy Hollow, but I am not sure I like it. The story is about Sleepy Hollow, which seems to be the center of a lot of paranormal and occult activity. The first person we meet is the sheriff, who is played by Clancy Brown. He is sent to check on a disturbance at a farm and he is beheaded by a headless man and at the same time, someone rises from the grave, namely Ichabod Crane. The sheriff's partner finds him and she sees the headless horseman as well, but she doesn't want to talk about it because when she was a teenager, she and her sister saw a devil in the woods that came up from the ground in the midst of four white trees that appear out of nowhere. She denied that she saw anything despite the fact that her sister swore she saw it. As a result, the deputy spent her time in foster care and her sister spent her time in nut hatches.

Now the world is upside down when she finds Ichabod Crane. He had been in General Washington's army and he was privy to the fact that the four horsemen of the apocalypse was galloping around the battle fields trying to bring about the end of the world. (didn't I see this once on an episode of Charmed?) When Ichabod was seriously wounded, his wife, Katrina, who ended up being a witch, put a spell on him and buried him in a cave so that when the horseman was resurrected, he would resurrect too. Everything is tied up in the Book of Revelation, and the local customs and beliefs of the early colonials and the Native Americans (thus far) and I suspect that each week, they will be facing some villain from the Book of Revelation or from the stories of Washington Irving. For example, one of the things they had last week was the Sandman, a creature that kills you while you sleep, but was tied up with Mohican folk lore that a creature haunts your sleep because you have some sort of guilt in your heart about something that makes you commit suicide. Most of the stuff that happens in the epi happens in Tarry Town, which if you remember was the town the famous sleeper Rip Van Winkle fell asleep for 100 years.

The plots and the makeup and special effects are pretty good, and they have some trilobite type creatures like escapees from the Hellraiser films, but I suspect that each week, they will run into some creature they have to defeat to keep the four horseman down and keep bad witches and other supernatural oogies from gaining control and bringing on the apocalypse.

The next epi will be the deciding factor me....
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum