True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Originals

Go down

The Originals Empty The Originals

Post  Aslinn Dhan Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:46 pm

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

The Originals Empty Re: The Originals

Post  Aslinn Dhan Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:44 pm

If you like Vampire Diaries, you may have more insight than I as I don't watch, but on viewing The Originals, I have to say I will be taking a pass on the series. The characters are not that interesting to me and they are a little too hip too happening and too now. I guess they will appeal to the younger crowd who are watching The Vampire Diaries, but they are a little too Buffy and Angel for me.

The story is about the three remaining Originals: The first Vampires on the planet, and they are now in the new world and they are about to come back to their first base of operations in New Orleans. They are fighting another faction of Vampires who have laid claim to New Orleans and they have a strangle hold on the town. They have cleared out the werewolves and they have a restriction on the witches of New Orleans so they cannot perform magik on the city.

The bone of contention is the unexpected pregnancy of a werewolf by The Hyrid Original, who was born a werewolf but whose change was inhibited by the witch mom. This hybrid then went on to become a Vampire, allowing him to procreate in the usual way. This is a little too Twilight for me. Plus, the hybrid in question reminds me too much of Spike of Buffy fame, who was tall, thin and blond with a British accent...He looks a lot like the dude who is the lead singer of Coldplay.

Keeping this werewolf who is having the baby alive is the main focus of the Originals, but the werewolves and the witches really could care less, and one of the witches have bound the mum to be to herself so whatever happens to her, happens to the mum. Sort of a weird voodoo doll sort of thing.

At any rate, I will be missing the rest of the series....Just not enough for me to stick around.
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum