True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex Joins Prince Harry on Polar March to Benefit Wounded Veterans

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alex Joins Prince Harry on Polar March to Benefit Wounded Veterans - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Joins Prince Harry on Polar March to Benefit Wounded Veterans

Post  Aslinn Dhan Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:22 pm

“We are about 9.5km away from the South Pole station.

We started out this morning and visibility was very, very bad. We couldn’t see much at all but then around 3 o’clock in the afternoon it cleared up and we could see the South Pole station.

It is the first time in a month that we have seen a structure and the whole team just stopped and stared at it for about 5 minutes – it was a very surreal experience. […] To literally see the end of this adventure was very emotional for all of us.

We set up camp after that and visibility is down again now so we can’t see anything around us. We are going to get some shut-eye now and then up in the morning, ski for a couple of hours and then reach the pole.

People are very tired, physically and mentally as well. It has been a couple of very intense weeks but spirits are high, most people are excited about getting to the pole.

Personally, I am obviously extremely excited about it but also mixed emotions. […] I think it will be quite bittersweet. It is obviously something we have been planning and training for, for so long and the fact that we are all going to make it there with all the soldiers – we have everything from a double amputee to a blind guy – they have been amazing to watch out here. The fact that we are going to get there with all them means so much.
It is also quite sad because it means that it is going to be the end of this adventure and it really has been quite a surreal and cathartic experience personally. I really have loved every second of it.

I haven’t had the chance to talk to anyone in the outside world for about a month now, so I would like to take this opportunity to say ‘Hi’ to my family back in Stockholm, Sweden – so Mom, Dad, all my siblings, if you hear this, ‘I love you. I miss you. As long as we don’t get snowed in here, I will come see you for Christmas in about 10 days and Mom please keep the fireplace going because your son is cold.

Thank for so much for following our progress down here. It means the world to all of us and please keep supporting the wounded soldiers through Walking With The Wounded.

Thank you very much. If I don’t speak to you before, have a wonderful Christmas.”
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Alex Joins Prince Harry on Polar March to Benefit Wounded Veterans - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Joins Prince Harry on Polar March to Benefit Wounded Veterans

Post  Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:37 pm

It was very sweet. I bet Alex's family will be so happy to have him home again and what a thing to be so proud of too!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:42 pm

http://askarsgard.com/?p=42822

Win Alex's Teddy Bear
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Very cute little clip. I wish they would have shown that on the program. I thought the program was very good but I wish they would have had a bit more Alex. I did however really like how they gave you a sense of what the veterans were going thru. I would imagine each one of them could write a book on their experience there.

eric   eric   eric 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:52 pm

he was very cute and playful, i like that side of him
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:27 am

Me too Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next