True Blood Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games

2 posters

Go down

The Hunger Games Empty The Hunger Games

Post  Aslinn Dhan Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:26 pm

If you have not read this trilogy of books, please do. They are a great little trilogy of books that are actually pretty good reads. I have spent the last two days reading the series and I have enjoyed them immensely. They have overtones of Stephen King's the Long Walk, also called The Running Man, where contestants actually fight to the death for the grand prize of money and food in a time where starvation is a real possibility.

It also examines the reality of the notion of rebellion, that giving up one tyranny for another is a dangerous and tricky proposition. The lead character, a girl named Katness is pretty strong until the last book where there are times you want to shake her and tell her to snap out of it and there are times when you are wondering who is an ally and who is the enemy but altogether, it is a well thought out story.

It is a young adult series and there is no cursing or sex which on some levels is a relief, but there is plenty of gruesome violence.

Let me know if you want to take these books out for a spin.... Wink
Aslinn Dhan
Aslinn Dhan
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games Empty Re: The Hunger Games

Post  Imagine Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:53 pm

I love these books, I am currently mid way through the middle book. Really enjoying so far, very gruesome you are right.

Imagine
Imagine
Teacup
Teacup

Back to top Go down